Patients coming home after a hospital stay, SNF, or an outpatient procedure are often greeted with anxiety and fear.
Wouldn’t it be great if you or your loved ones could know that your first night home after a hospital stay will be comfortable and safe?
Eldercare offers the First Night Home package to provide you or your loved one’s peace of mind that comes with knowing your home will be ready after a hospital stay. No need to worry about coming home after a hospital stay and rushing out to the supermarket because you have an empty refrigerator. From the minute you check out of the hospital, we can provide a ride home and handle all of those items on your “to-do” list, whether it be picking up prescriptions, changing the linens, or making a light dinner, with our First Night Home Package, you can focus solely on your or your loved one’s recovery and well being.
The First Night Home package includes:
- A ride home
- Change linens & fluff those pillows
- Clear the refrigerator of old food
- Shop for groceries
- Start the newspaper and mail delivery (if it was stopped)
- Pick up any new prescriptions
- Help you set up a routine to continue your recovery based on your discharge orders
- Assist with making a follow-up appointment with your physician
- Make you a light meal & wish you well
To arrange for the First Night Home Package, have the discharge planner speak to a Professional Care Manager at Eldercare Services at (925) 937-2018.