As a leader in the field of Geriatric Care, Eldercare Services combines Professional Care Management and Counseling with Caregiver Services to deliver superior services to older adults, their families, and the professionals involved in their care. To find out more about us, please visit the rest of our website.
Ask us about openings in the following positions:
Human Resources Manager
Eldercare Services, a leader in the field of senior care, seeks a Human Resources Manager to join our team in our Walnut Creek office. We are passionate about the quality of care our talented, team-oriented staff provides.Do you want to make a difference and work in collaboration with others who are dedicated to serving the elder community? If so, we want to talk to you about this great opportunity.
The Human Resources Manager (HRM) position is a full time (40 hours/week) position. The HRM is a human resource generalist responsible for compensation, wage and hour and other employment regulations, counseling employees to ensure best services to our elder clients, recruiting of professional and administrative staff, and supervises the recruiter responsible for recruitment and retention of caregivers. The HRM will administer benefits and workers comp, and help promote a safe, pleasant working environment. Under the direction of the Director of Operations, the HRM will help to develop policies and procedures and ensure compliance and consistency within the company. The HRM will work with other Directors on all aspects of employee performance. This is not a Director level position; it is a mid-management position responsible for guiding HR policies as well as performing day-to-day HR administrative duties.
Candidate must be flexible to achieve excellent results in a team environment working with Geriatric Care Managers, office personnel, management, and caregivers.
- BS or MS degree in Human Resources or related field
5 years or more of successful HR generalist experience involving:
- Compensation, Wage and Hour Employment Compliance Administration
- Recruiting, Selection, Hiring, Orientation, and Record Compliance
- Benefits Management
- Workers Compensation Administration and Safety Awareness
- Employee Performance Counseling
- Employee Performance Management Programs
- Employee Retention and Job Satisfaction
- HR data management programs
- Microsoft Office Suite
- HR certification, preferred
- Experience in a healthcare related field in a mid-sized company, preferred
Community Outreach/Sales Representative
The Community Outreach/Sales Representative is a member of the Marketing and Business Development Department working to identify appropriate professional resources and senior community groups in order to obtain service referrals by utilizing a variety of outreach techniques. This position also organizes outreach activities to enhance the visibility of Eldercare Services as the proven leader in care for older adults. This position collaborates with the Clinical Services Department who is responsible for working directly with prospective clients. This is a full time exempt position that reports to the Marketing Director.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Actively promote the company to professionals using various approved marketing materials
- Form and maintain relationships with various professional referrers in the community
- Attend professional organization meetings to network with referral resources, such as financial planners, attorneys, fiduciaries and other industry referral sources
- Participate in local senior functions and community events
- Coordinate community events to enhance the company’s visibility
- Participate in vendor fairs and conferences
- Develop and distribute special promotional gifts for professionals, i.e. – Nurses’ week, Holidays, Case Managers, and other special targets
- Provide education opportunities for professional and community contacts by organizing workshops, continuing education programs, or other events.
- Record and maintain appropriate information about referral and professional contacts in CRM database on daily/weekly basis
- Maintain outreach budget; keep accurate records; submit expense documents and credit card bills on a timely basis.
- In collaboration with the other members of the Marketing Team, develop and communicate outreach goals, such as Open Cases goals, and prepare outreach portion of the Marketing plan to achieve goals; review/adjust quarterly
- Communicate to the Director of Marketing any perceived changes in the industry or other outreach opportunities
Skills and Specifications:
- Sales Skills – Proficient at executing sales strategies and techniques. Effectively models sales process to achieve results
- Account Management – Maintain contact with the referral source or client, getting problems resolved, seeking additional opportunities to meet client needs, and representing company’s interests
- Results Orientation – Is self-motivated, personally driven to succeed and demonstrates a high sense of urgency toward meeting goals and achieving results
- Form & Manage Relationships with Potential Customers – Communicate effectively and persuasively with all potential leads and customers
- Developing and Executing Sales Strategy– Demonstrate ability to help develop a Business Plan for your area and achieve a high win rate based on adherence to sales process and by utilizing best practice benchmarks
- Communication – Conveying information clearly and efficiently in a way that encourages open dialogue and a common understanding. Demonstrates clear, concise and appropriate communication and listening skills
- Attitude – Demonstrates an overall positive attitude and models company’s values and competencies. Takes a solution oriented approach to both internal and external challenges
- Cooperation and Collaboration – Demonstrates an ability and willingness to effectively work with others within the organization. Is aware of and respects time constraints, procedures, job duties, and workloads of others within the organization. Is a team player
- Technical Skills – Computer proficient in interactive databases, CRM, web 2.0, and Microsoft Office (including Excel)
- Additional Requirements – Must be able to drive to perform outreach duties throughout service area; must provide own vehicle and insurance; must have and maintain a good driving record
Education and Qualifications:
- 4-year college degree preferred, or a combination of education and experience
- A background in health care sales preferred
- At least 3 years (FTE) experience in sales, community relations and/or marketing
- Experience with community resources preferred
The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.
If you are seeking a highly responsible, creative and dynamic position, are computer literate, organized, an excellent communicator, problem solver and, most of all, team player, please apply.
Geriatric Care Managers (throughout the East Bay)
Eldercare Services welcomes applications for Professional Geriatric Care Management. We are leaders in the field of Geriatric Care, offering both Care Management and non-medical attendant care. To be considered, you must be a health and human services professional, with a background in social work, counseling, gerontology, certified care management or home Care Management. Individuals must have at least 3-5 years experience in geriatrics. Experience with family work as well as knowledge of aging resources and options is a plus. This is an opportunity to work one-on-one with our clients and oversee a client centered care plan that focuses on quality of life. Our pay and benefits are competitive and you’ll enjoy flexible hours.
We are a team spirited, caring group and consider applicants with a like spirit and commitment to elders. We service Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Mateo and Solano Counties.
- Bachelors Degree in a Human Services Field
- Three to Five years Geriatric Care Management Experience
- Familiarity with Computerized Programs
- Team Player and Dedication to Senior Services
Home Care Services Care Coordinator
Scheduling Specialist – Please Read All Requirements Before Applying
Eldercare Services, a leader in the field of senior care, seeks an employee to join our Home Care Services Team. We are looking for an individual who has had previous experience in a team environment, preferably in scheduling services and in a healthcare environment. This position would work Monday-Friday 40 hours a week. The office is open from 8am to 5pm and flexibility in your schedule is required.
We are seeking an individual to match client needs with caregiver schedules and skills. Eldercare Services combines professional Care Management, and counseling with Caregiver Services. The Home Care Services department provides customer service and assistance to our clients directly and via our Professional Geriatric Care Managers. We also provide supervision and support to our care givers.
Knowledge of hands-on clinical work a plus particularly in the area of Home Care Companion Service and assisting clients with Dementia to be able to provide assistance in a consultative role to our care givers. Previous experience in a supervisory capacity is also a plus as this position will provide direct administrative supervision for a pool of caregivers.
If you enjoy a fast-paced environment, are computer literate, organized, an excellent communicator, problem-solver and most of all a team player, please apply. Proficiency in using scheduling or other data entry programs helpful. Much of the work is done via telephone and computer, so proficiency in communication and computer work is essential.
Education and Qualifications:
- 4 year Degree in a healthcare/social work/ or social sciences or LVN/RN with one year clinical experience and 1 year administrative experience
- A background in social service, health care, or other elder care related field minimum 2 years required
- At least 2 years’ experience providing clinical or clinical administrative support
- Interest in Senior Services essential
- Computer proficiency
- Customer service experience with a focus on total quality management
- Attention to detail
- Residence within 30 minutes of our office preferred
Do you want to join a fabulous team and work for a company who cares about you?
Would it enrich your life to care for an elder or disabled adult? Not just a job; a rewarding career. At Eldercare Services, our employees are treated like family. With a strong team atmosphere, you will find yourself working amongst many who have been with Eldercare Services for 10 and even 20 years!
Join our supportive, collaborative team model.
Who are we looking for?
Caring employees who have a team spirit and a devotion to senior services.
We have an immediate need for female caregivers (hourly shifts), 1 weekend day mandatory.
Caregiver Applicant Requirements:
- At least one year of professional caregiving experience (education and experience may be considered)
- Experience working with clients with disabilities, dementia and/or mental health issues, preferred
- Some experience with basic activities of daily living (ADLs) or the willingness to learn
- Strong communications skills, personal care skills, standby assist and transfer skills required or the willingness to learn
- Driver’s license with a good driving record
- Reliable automobile with insurance in good standing
- Be flexible, reliable, pass background check and have at least two professional references
- Must be willing to work with multiple clients
- Flexible availability – must be able to work at least three hourly assignments per week, including one weekend day
- Assignments available in Central Contra Costa County, Lamorinda, North Tri-Valley, Oakland, & Berkeley
- CNAs and HHAs encouraged to apply
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Pay and Benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Vacation pay
- Medical and dental insurance available to fulltime employees
- 401(k) plan
- Paid time off (PTO) available to fulltime employees
- Premium pay for holiday work
- Training & classes to enhance skills
- Flexible assignments: Hourly, 12-hour or live-in shifts
- Weekly paydays
- 24-hour, on-call support
- Coverage under Workers’ Compensation
- A supportive and caring environment
Caregivers – Mental Health Experience
Hourly assignments range from 2 hours to 8 hours. Short hourly shifts available!
Eldercare Services is looking for Personal Assistants/Companions to assist our clients who may suffer from dementia or mental health issues to live as independently as possible. We prefer those with experience in mental health services, with a good driving record, reliable automobile, and current auto insurance. We currently have assignments for female and male Caregivers in many of the Bay Area Counties for a variety of schedules.
Eldercare Services are the leaders in the field of geriatric care. We combine professional Care Management and counseling with Caregiver Services, to deliver superior services to older adults, their families, and the professionals involved in their care.
We require every caregiver to be able to work at least one assignment on a weekend day as we work as a team and share the responsibilities. Flexibility is highly desired but this is perfect for a student or parent with school age children as well or if you are looking for a meaningful second career while still making a difference.
This is an opportunity to gain more hands-on clinical experience with the mentorship of clinically experienced managers. You must have at least one-year previous experience in a mental health setting/dementia unit setting/special education setting.
How Do You Apply?
For non-caregiving opportunities please call Eldercare Services at: (925) 937-2018 – Fax your resume to (925) 945-1720 or Email your resume to: Careers. Please be sure to enter the job posting title in the Subject line.
For all Caregiving Opportunities, please contact our Recruiting Department or email your resume to Careers. To send your resume please attach it to the email when the window opens. This can generally be done by either clicking the paper clip icon and then selecting the appropriate file or by clicking on the “Insert” button then selecting “File” and choosing the file to be attached. We prefer resumes be in either Word or PDF files. Please be sure to enter job posting title in the Subject line.
To ensure the highest professional standards, Eldercare Services runs extensive background checks on all candidates. An employment offer will not be forthcoming without completion of this process. Falsification of any information will be discovered in this process. Attention to providing complete and accurate details is essential. All licenses, academic achievements, employment history and salary history provided are subject to verification in addition to standard background information.
Mail resumes to:
1808 Tice Valley Blvd.
Walnut Creek, CA 94595
If you have these special skills, we’d love to have you join us. Together, we can make a difference in the quality of life for aging adults.
EOE Principals only, no agencies.