- Pioneering programs such as a program for people in the early stages of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Teaching classes and workshops
- Facilitating support groups
Linda Fodrini-Johnson is a participating member of this committee and serves on the Dementia Services subcommittee.
Linda Fodrini-Johnson is past President of this 2,000 plus member national organization that promotes and supports the profession of Geriatric Care Management.
Chief Operating Officer Bruce Johnson of Eldercare Services is a former Director and incoming President of the Rotary Club of Walnut Creek.
Linda Fodrini-Johnson served on a committee to develop training for Police & Fire Departments regarding spousal abuse, especially where dementia is a factor.
Partnered with St. Vincent de Paul to help train welfare recipients to be caregivers for assisted-living facilities.
Eldercare Services professionals screen elder community members for possible dementias during their annual National Memory Screening Day event.
Linda Fodrini-Johnson is on the panel addressing the “Crisis in Long-Term Care”.
Participated, sponsored and donated in the Volunteer Pledge Drive during the program, “Change Your Brain, Change Your Life”
Chris Rose-Franks, Eldercare Services’ Director of Client Services, is the Co-Chair of the Planning Committee.
While Chair of the Center’s Steering Committee, Linda Fodrini-Johnson, Director of Eldercare Services, created the country’s first program for persons in the early stages of memory loss, a social day-care program that is now a national model.
Linda Fodrini-Johnson was on the Contra Costa County steering committee making the county elder-friendly. Starting in 2004, Linda was on the Health and Wellness Team.
- Breast Cancer Walk
- Alzheimer’s Association Annual Memory Walk
- Bay Area Rescue Mission
- Monument Food Bank
- Bay Area Crisis Nursery
- Local Boards and Panels
Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program, the Medical Managed Care Partnership Project and the Older Adult Committee of the Contra Costa Mental Health Commission.
- Alzheimer’s Association
- Family Caregiver Alliance
- Support Groups at Assisted-Living Facilities
- American Association for Aging
- Social Security Administration – Richmond
- Bay Area Colleges
- County Libraries
- Local Churches
– We provide volunteer support to the Lamorinda Village Task Force. Building a system that allows older adults to stay in their homes with support of one another and the elder community.
– We provide professional support to the California Medical Association’s POLST Committee.
– Our Executive Director is working with the State Legislature on trying to get Nurse Delegation approved in California. This delegation allows nurses to train all caregivers on non-invasive home care procedures.