Expert Advice on Geriatric Care with Linda Fodrini-Johnson
Absolute Trust Talk Episode #026 Recorded April 8, 2019
Are you struggling with your aging or taking care of an older loved one? Aging can be overwhelming, but you and your loved ones don’t have to stop living life to the fullest, just because getting older throws you a curveball or presents challenges. If you have the right guidance, direction, navigation, and sound advice from the get-go, you, your family, and your loved ones don’t have to suffer.
In this episode, Kirsten Howe of Absolute Trust Counsel welcomes Licensed Family Therapist, certified Professional Care Manager, and founder of Eldercare Services, Linda Fodrini-Johnson, to the show. Linda has become a pioneer in geriatric care management, not just in the greater Bay Area, but across the country, with her firm becoming one of the largest care management and home care agencies, which is now celebrating 30 years of practice.
Kirsten and Linda will explore what geriatric care is, the available resources, and how you and your family can formulate a plan to move forward with long-term care, no matter what stage of planning you and your loved ones are in. Are you ready to continue living a comfortable, fulfilling life? Or, help a loved one who deserves to? Then it’s time to press play and listen in!
For more episodes of Trust Talk, visit their website: https://absolutetrustcounsel.com/podcast/
Expert Interview: Helping Reluctant Parents Address Memory Concerns
Better Health While Aging Episode #003
In this Episode: Dr. Leslie Kernisan (Dr. K) interviews Linda Fodrini-Johnson, MA MFT CMC, a past president of the National Association of Geriatric Care Managers and the founder of Eldercare Services in the San Francisco Bay Area. They discuss:
- How adult children can better approach aging parents, when there’s been concern about memory problems or financial transactions
- What are geriatric care managers (also known as an aging life care professional), and how do they help families address memory concerns
- How to find a geriatric care manager with the right counseling skills for your needs
- How to get free help and advice from care managers and trained aging professionals
- Why people often tell Linda they wish they’d gotten more help or information sooner