Eldercare Services is now offering Life Enrichment Programs:
- What: Activity based programs designed to promote mental stimulation and encourage socialization.
- Where: At Eldercare Services or in your home.
- Why: The activities can help your loved ones reap the many benefits of social engagement and cognitive stimulation.
Socialization is critical. Researchers have shown that social isolation can be more deadly than smoking a pack of cigarettes every day.
Individualized activity programs that stimulate cognition and engagement for those who are homebound. Our programs offer personalized activities based on the client’s interests, values and needs that can immensely improve the quality of life for an older, mobility-challenged adult.
Classes will include hands-on activities that are meant to create opportunities for sharing and reminiscing about personal experiences. Music and movement are included when appropriate for clients who are able.
- Crafts (like hand-made bird feeders)
- Games (name that tune, flash cards, trivia)
- Short stories and poems
These activities are appropriate for people who are cognitively intact and are seeking socialization and brain stimulation as well as people who are cognitively impaired to varying degrees.