Eldercare Services is looking to add an On-Call Care Coordinator to ensure that staffing and support services are available for our clients, their families, and our caregiving staff after hours and weekends. We are a team-spirited and caring group; we are looking for someone with like spirit and a commitment to elders. We team with families to provide care for the entire journey of aging, reducing stress and increasing quality of life to all we serve.
The On-Call Care Coordinator helps to answer questions, triage cases, and serve as a support to the caregiver community at-large. We provide 24/7 coverage to employees and clients; this position will work from home remotely during the weekends, typically 3-4 shifts per month (paid a stipend and then hourly when working). On-Call Care Coordinators ensure that all emergency issues receive an appropriate response. This position reports to, and meets as needed with, the Director of Clinical Operations.This position works in cooperation with other Managers and Supervisors.
This job might be for you if:
- You enjoy helping people.
- You are patient, level-headed, and cool under pressure.
- Helping someone through a challenging situation makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.
- You are a master at solving puzzles and problems. If you don’t know the answer, you’ll find it.
- You are very comfortable with using a computer, as well as the telephone and e-mail as primary communication tools.
- You have excellent triage skills and are able to understand clinical issues in order to refer issues appropriately.
- You have a knack for seeing all the details. You remain focused and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch and as you hand-off something to others.
- You enjoy diverse people and perspectives. You’re comfortable communicating in-person, in writing, and on the phone.
- You are available to work weekends and at night. Shifts are either: Weekdays 5PM to 8AM, or Weekends 8AM to 4PM or 4PM to 8AM.
To land this gig, you need to have:
Some experience with helping people solve problems with patience and care is needed. Just make sure we can see where you picked up your helping-people super powers somewhere in your cover letter or resume.
- A college degree with a preference in Human Services, Social Services, Psychology or Health Sciences.
- One year experience in a clinical environment with exposure to and/or coordination of services for clients and/or caregivers.
Please email your cover letter and resume to Careers@EldercareAnswers.com.
Eldercare Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.