Needing help, requiring special care or specific special assistance does not just happen for the elderly.
Special needs care is ageless and is extremely helpful for those that require assistance at any age. Having a personal advocate helps ensure that you and your family’s wishes and values are being respected. A special needs caregiver not only manages the physical, emotional, and practical aspects of their client’s care plan but also focuses on coaching both the client and their family.
Care for all ages with different needs specific to each individual can sometimes require a special needs caregiver. A special needs caregiver is well versed in the medical decision-making process. He/she is an expert that knows what questions to ask and what steps should be followed during a medical situation.
Here are some situations that a special needs caregiver would be useful and could help walk a client through the process.
- Adults having a medical procedure (pre and post procedure).
- Adults experiencing a life-adjustment period due to new limitations or demands brought on by a progressive illness.
- Adults with cognitive, psychological or physical special needs who have busy or older parents.
- Families experiencing interpersonal conflict and stress regarding care choices.
- Adults suffering from a chronic progressive illnesses who want to focus on physical, emotional and mental wellness.
- Family caregivers who need coaching and support to find balance and cope with the demands of looking after a loved one.
- Easing the adaptation process of managing and meeting changing needs related to aging, illness or a medical condition within the home environment.
- Enhancing general quality of life and encouraging you to be who you always have been, no matter what health challenges you may be experiencing.
It is a relief to have someone on your side making sure you and your family are getting the exact care they deserve and that everyone feels supported and safe. Sometimes the hardest moments are the decision making moments. Having an expert that can ease the burden of gathering information and making sure everything is going as planned can make the process less stressful for everyone.
Eldercare offers this service and has a well-trained staff of special needs caregivers ready and willing to help walk you through any questions you might have.